So, after all the heartache we have experienced, we were blessed with some Good News! Little Miss Kenna was born with a heart murmer. They have been watching it since birth. She has been checked before and we had one scary episode at Kaden and Michons wedding dinner. We were worried it would be because of that but, had found out later it was not. Travis's Mom has/had some heart issues too. They were hereditary so there was also this underlying worry that Kenna would end up needing surgery around age 3.
Here we were at age 3 waiting for the dreaded appointment. Lindsey had made arrangements a month or so in advance , maybe even longer. The Echo could have been done in Logan which would have been alot easier to pull off but, because of Kennas Autism she would have to be sedated. They told Lindsey they would have to go to Salt Lake to Primary Childrens Hospital for that. I have always trusted that hospital. When Kashden was life flighted up there they were wonderful plus, it IS a Childrens Hospital so it gives me a little more confidence and peace of mind. SO the plan was set.
Since it was close to Christmas Jeff , Callie , Ashlee and I would head up that morning and meet them to watch Grahm and Reese so that Travis could be in there with Lindsey and Kenna. Then we were all going to go to the Salt Lake Temple square to see the lights. That is something we have been wanting to do for years. After that they would head back to Logan and we would spend the night and head home. Lindseys family had already made an extra trip down so they were waiting closer to Christmas to come home. I knew Lindsey was anxious and was having alot of stress and I wanted her to have the safety net of having Travis with her. There was always the possibility they were going to find problems too and she shouldn't have to face the news alone. We were pretty fine with the whole thing until my Mom and Michon died. Not that would particularly affect our trip but, things had been much more emotional and draining and I was starting to feel my own anxiety about leaving town.
We had decided they needed us up there and were planning on going and even though I felt good about helping them, I was also feeling horrible about deserting Kaden. It hadn't even been 2 weeks since we lost Michon and with Christmas looming in the future. I just felt like I should be here too. There are SO many things you have to do after you lose someone. Things I would have never thought of until Mom died and even then Mitch had helped Dad do almost all of it. Kaden on the other hand was dealing with something so much more tragic and had Karver to take care of as well. Michon's Mom and Sister's had really stepped in to help to but, it still left me wanting to be there and help too. He was filing for insurance and taking death certificates to banks and a million other places and there was endless piles of paperwork to deal with none of which I can even imagine having to do esp. at his age. I was so torn as any Mother would be and decided to put it in the Lords hands. I know it sounds silly but sometimes I forget that He knows all and I should ask more. Well the answer came with a huge storm. The closer to the date the more we could see it was really not a safe thing to do. I didn't want them traveling either and tried to talk them out of it. Having to wait longer for a new appt. would be too stressful for Lindsey but, us taking the risk of travel was not smart either. We decided not to go.
I felt bad on the one hand a relief on the other. The storm just "happened to affect only the South side of Salt Lake Valley and the Northern side was fine. Lindsey promised if it was bad they would stay home and reschedule. From Logan to the hospital it was clear and dry.I spent the day with Kaden talking about and doing some really, really hard things. It was a treasured time for me and I am SO glad I was there. I know Heavenly Father knew they would be safe and I needed reassurance not only about that, but also that Kennas tests would turn out fine. And they did! They came back saying Kenna had a perfectly normal heart and to take her home and never worry about her heart again. Our Prayers were answered and Travis and the kids had a fun day and they all went home relieved. I spent the day helping Kaden and inturn myself in the healing process. It was such a testament to me that we can get the direction we need if we just ask.
No comments:
Post a Comment