Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kenna and Reese's "Gramma Days"

Lindsey and Travis came down for the famous "Bundy reunion"
They have gone in the past for a day or spent a night with the kids and as expected Kenna did not like it. It's usually pretty hot and very crowded and noisy, but Trav loves it and he and Lindsey decided to try again. They asked if we would keep the girls so they could just take Grahm and enjoy and relax instead of spending the whole time trying to keep them happy. I had been worried about how to fit in their families Gramma days because of distance so this seemed like the perfect time to use the days for the girls.
Having them both kind of took from the one on one time, but I did the best I could to make good use of what we had. They are both pretty easy and it turned out fun, although I will admit I was exhausted by the time Lindsey came home! She is quite the wonder women to keep up with them all and she does tons more than I had to do on a daily basis without out help all day.

 
Reese loves shoes. Anyone's and everyone's. Grandpa's boots were the shoe of choice this trip.
 
Hanging out with Grandpa
 
 
Sparklers with Grahm was about the only festive thing we did for the 4th of July this year.
 
All the kids love this drawer full of random things. Canning rings are the favorite
 
Grandma time with Reesie Roo
 
 
Kenna loves to read and I love she will give kisses on request.
 
 
I took Kenna to the library for some one on one time. It was pretty quiet there so she just roamed around and looked at books and did puzzles. Once she found this magazine she was in love. We checked it out, brought it home and she napped with it.
 
 
 
Reese loves the pool. Kenna hated it, so Reese and Callie hung out for awhile.
 
 
We all know what Kenna loves best. I tried to limit her I pad time at Lindsey's request, but I got these cute pictures when she hadn't used it for the whole day. Pretty much shows how much she enjoys her own time.
 
 
Reese loves coloring and reading books with Grandpa
 
 
Mmmmmmm.....messy!
 
Kenna in the T.V. zone before bed.
We had so much fun with these two little girls! We didn't do anything fancy by any means, but I set aside my OCD for a clean house and we played and enjoyed all the time we had with them. Lindsey, Grahm and Travis had a great time too and so it was a pretty great weekend for us all. We topped it off with Grahm's birthday at Jamie's house so this post is out of order but oh well, at least I got them blogged right?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment