Sunday, May 22, 2016

Bass Pro (2015)



                            Our annual trip to Bass Pro has become quite the big deal.
With Lindsey up North we have to find a way to fit in around them being in town, and reunions, work schedules and family trips.
Once again we managed, but I think it was one of the very last weeks of summer right before Grahm moved home. This was Karvers first year, maybe Brodys too...can't remember. We start our trip with a van (we borrowed Jamies) full of rowdy, excited VERY loud boys. They want to eat every single snack we brought within the first 5 min. When they were younger I could entertain them with songs and some simple games.
Now they just mess around and make us wish we lived closer to Vegas!!
We try to leave as early as possible to beat the heat, but the kids activities we started this whole process for don't start until later in the morning and Vegas time makes it even later for us. Once we get there the fun begins!

Here is the crew!
The first thing we usually try to do is all the games they have.
They change from year to year. This year they had a target shooting tent, a fish reeling game and a few others.
Brodeyn in the BB gun shoot range
The thing they love the most about this trip is being able to run free through the boats and wheelers, Rhinos and such. They are allowed to climb all over them and dream and wish. We spend at least and hour watching them go from thing to thing. Each year the more kids we seem to gather. It makes me a little nervous trying to keep track of them all, but so far we have never lost anyone for more than a few minutes at least.








This year Kash was relentlessly begging for us to buy him a 4 wheeler. He was serious too! He kept telling me he would pay for part of it. Finally I told him, if I ever won a lot of money, I would buy them all a 4 wheeler for Christmas. I have a feeling if that happens I will be held to my promise!

There are some wild life displays along with the million elk, deer and other dead animals hanging everywhere.

This is where it starts to get expensive! Some of the shoots are free, but this year they discovered some of the games which cost a few quarters each. I'm sure we spent at least $20 on those.

Grandpa helps, Grandma counts heads!




They had a lot of fun since this was the first year we really did any new games.

The big tanks in Bass Pro are full of bass, catfish and other lovely fish.

There is a ocean life tank right inside the casino entrance. It fun for them too. It has sharks and sting rays and some other little fish. It's easy to watch for hours.


Then comes the please......will you buy me this?  Please??
In the beginning with just a few kids we could get them all a little something.
Now they want the good stuff!

These are what these 3 want for Christmas.

 These are what Grahm and Braxton want for Christmas.
Now we just take pictures. Go home and order them and we are done with shopping for the boys, They get what they want and it works out great for us.


Showing off their treasures! A little treat and a million flashlights!
They each bought a 10 pack of mini flashlights.
I'm sure they were lost or dead before the next week was over.

Our trips have become really fun. They look forward to it for months.
I'm glad we established this tradition with the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment