Saturday, October 12, 2013

Kashden Turns 7

This little guy turned 7 on August 25th!

He is one adorable boy! Full of life and a love for fun. He is kind and tenderhearted when he is dealing with younger kids. He can catch anything from bugs to wasps and flies as they fly through the air. He brings home snakes and lizards and critters of all kinds. He is afraid of nothing, which scares this Grandma but I love him with all my heart!

We had his birthday party this year at Grandma and Grandpa Hafens house. She made pulled pork on a bun and we had salads and chips.
Of course opening presents is always what's really on a kids mind, and he was so excited! We got him a skate board with reservation because he is prone to accidents esp. head injuries. I figured it was a ticket to the emergency room. I was going to take him to get a helmet so he could try it on, but it just so happened that Grandma Hafen got a skateboard too and she picked up a helmet that fit perfectly.

Hafens also got him a nice pair of boots so he was pretty excited about them as well!



He told me he wanted a bank. I couldn't find a bank in this town that wasn't ceramic.
I figured that was just asking for trouble so I got creative. I collect tins of all shapes and sizes and when the kids were little I got them all little tins that were a replica of a cereal box. I pulled down the Lucky Charms tin and Grandpa turned it in to a bank. "Wa La" a bank that didn't break. A bank with a lid hard enough to be opened by a little brother and a  safe place he could keep his money. We stuck $5 in it and of course some change. No fun to have a bank you can't hear the money in when you shake it right? Callie pitched in $7 for seven years and he was in heaven!


Brodeyn is a boot thief. His eye was on those boots the second he saw the box!

Mom made him a cute cake. The boys had been to the Monster Truck Rally this year so she made him a rally truck cake. Pretty cute!


One , Two, Three BLOW!


Our family has a tradition to bite the corner of the cake. This kid dove right in the middle.
 
 


Kash showing off his skills. We tried to show him pictures of pro skate boarders on the internet to prove they wore helmets. Well guess what they don't. It was pretty hard to convince him he had to. Pretty much we had to tell him we would return it and choose another gift. I asked him a few weeks later if he was liking his board and wearing his helmet and he said yes to both so we did good.

I love this cute picture Jamie took the morning of his birthday!
It's always fun to get together and celebrate the grandkids birthdays. They get so excited about them and we have a lot of fun.
Happy Birthday Kash Grandma loves you!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment