Sunday, September 4, 2016

A quick visit from the Barneys!

In the middle of December, we got a call from Amber letting us know Shawn's Grandma Manzione had passed away. It was a sad reason, but for us it was a chance to have a surprise visit from their family and Amber Lee, even if it was short!
We spent the evening having dinner and playing a few games, I had stuff for, and then went to look at Christmas lights for awhile. There are a lot of very cool light displays around here, and they were pretty impressed. Shawn and Amber and I , had Ashlyn Ethan and Karver in with us in Shawns truck. We followed Kaden with Callie ,Amber Lee and Jeff. We should have taken all the grandkids with us and let all the others go together and chat, but oh well. We just loaded up so fast, no one thought of that. At least we mixed it up a little. Karver was VERY chatty. He even had Ethan and Ashlyn who were pretty reserved laughing pretty quick. Shawn and Amber finally believed our stories about him and got a kick out of him!  After they left the next morning, I was pretty bummed that once again I was so dumb, not to take some family pictures with those of us who were there.
I swear sometimes my head is not thinking straight, when we have something important going on. I guess I should just be grateful we were able to spend the time with them, but it sure would have been nice to get a picture or two of all of us. Maybe next time....

















No comments:

Post a Comment