Sunday, February 15, 2015

Braxton turns 10! 2014

Happy Birthday Braxton!!
I can't believe another year has passed, and this cute boy is so grown up!
He decided to have his party and Grandma and Grandpa Hafen's house this year.
I made roast and carrots and potato's .
That's always been his favorite meal.
Jamie made his cute cake and of course that is one of the best parts of having a Birthday when you are a kid. (second to presents of course)
 

Brodeyn was making sure the candle lighting was properly done.
Braxton was waiting to blow them out!
I was waiting to see him take his "birthday bite"
 

With and approving look from his dad he was ready to go!
I totally missed the blowing out the candles shot! Grrr............



Preparing the cake for the "birthday bite"
As the kids get older I can see them hesitate more, about being the center of attention.
Especially Braxton. He has always been more on the quiet side.

A chocolate face! What more could you want on your birthday?

You would want a piece of cake and ice cream that's what.

On to the presents! Deciding which to open first is always hard.



So when I asked Braxton what he wanted he told me the same thing he told me last year and every year before that for at least the last 5 years. A cowboy hat and a rope.
I suggested maybe a UTE sweatshirt or something different.
He said " Grandma Hafen is the UTE gift giver, you guys give the hat and rope presents"
Of course that would be his gift then. A few days before his birthday he whispered to me that instead of a rope, he wanted some Hot Wheels this year.


Grandpa and I picked out the ones we thought he would like the best. He seemed to like them all, so that was good

 Of course the Hafen's came through with the UTE sweatshirt and a very cool truck he loved. Jamie and Clint got him a really nice bike.
Somehow I failed to take a picture of that.


I think he likes it!

Braxton, I love you very much! I love chatting with you, as you grow up even more. I love your sweet side and your sneaky side, and all the funny things you do and say.
I am so proud of you and the good choices you make. You are so cute with Braelei and take good care of the little ones. I will always remember you singing your favorite Primary song for me. "I like to look for rainbows" You are a really good singer.
I hope you will always know that no matter what happens in your life and whatever choices you make, that I am here for  you. I will help you with anything you need.
I love you "Braxy Boo" ( I promise you, I will not call you that, in front of your friends when you are a teenager) I may however tell your wife and kids that when the time comes.
For now I will just love you as a 10 year old who makes me happy and brings me joy.
I Love you Braxton!  Love, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment