Welcome...
Holt Lawrence Christy
9.2.14
 |
Here is Lindsey chatting away less than an hour before delivery.
This never ceases to amaze me. My girls just get the epidural and just hang out until the Dr. comes in says "lets have this baby"
Nothing like enduring pain for hours until tears and exhaustion set in.
Am I happy for them? Yes!! Am I jealous as well? Yes!!
About a week before Holt's due date, I started panicking. I wanted to be in Logan when he arrived, but of course that is a little hard to do when you are 5 hours away and she has her babies in 2 hours or less. Then my awesome Aunt Karen passed away. We knew she was close and I knew I would for sure be going up to her service, so I guess between wishful thinking and the fact that I was worried about it all, I decided to go up and visit a few days before her funeral "just in case". I went up and stayed and we hung out, it was fun and I surprised the kids and they loved that. We didn't get much done around the house. I probably should have just did more cleaning than I did, even though she said not too.
I was lazy I guess... (sorry Lindsey)
So... fast forward a few days. Even though I was convinced as soon as I drove down to Sandy for the funeral, she would go into labor and I would miss it, I packed up and headed down. I called Lindsey after the funeral and of course she felt fine, so home I went. We knew at that time she was going to be induced on the 2nd, so I would be coming back anyway. Kashden was getting baptized that weekend and celebrating his birthday on that Saturday and I couldn't miss that either. All of this caused me a great deal of stress and anxiety. I am a planner and this entire thing was completely out of my hands. In the end we made it up for the birth, then back for Kash's baptisim and birthday. Then Callie and I left to go back to Logan that afternoon, so she could see Holt as well. 3 trips to Logan in less than 2 weeks! It is a long drive, but it was worth it all!
On September 2nd at about 6 a.m. Lindsey and Travis headed out to the hospital. Jeff and I got Grahm off to school. Travis came home and took Kenna to school and we hung out with Reese.
Reese conned Jeff into reading a ton of stories while I got ready.
Once they got Lindsey admitted and settled they called us and told us we might as well come up and visit, they were bored waiting.
This would be the first time I didn't get to be in the room when they had a baby. They wanted to have that experience once on their own, and frankly I didn't blame them. I had felt honored to have been there when the others were born. Jamie had let me as well. Michon invited me to go in with Karver, but the regulations were set for no more than 2 people, because of flu season so I didn't get to. I was very grateful she invited me even though,it ended up that I couldn't go.
So... back to the story. Jeff and I would wait for the baby to come before I got to see him. I wasn't mad or hurt of course. I was a little sad though...
Lindsey has very short labor so even with an induction, things went really fast! About the time they were close and we needed to leave for delivery, it was time to pick up Kenna from school so off we went. Within 15 minutes we got the call.
Holt was here and all was well.
I had threatened Travis that I was first to get a picture and call. Travis being the good guy he is he came through. Once Kenna was settled in the car the picture came.
Finally we had another cute Grandson to love!! |
 |
| Here he is! Lindsey looks pretty happy. He looks a little unsure... |
 |
I think this is the first picture Travis sent me?
He is adorable!
|
He was born at 11: 48 a.m. Weighing 8 lbs. 6 oz.
 |
| A perfect little guy sent straight from heaven. |
 |
| Grandpas turn |
 |
Pretty much the best moment in a Grandma's life is the first time they snuggle a new baby. Reese was not about to let me get away with this without her help.
|
 |
| Reese was all over him! She smothered him with kisses the whole time she was there. |
 |
I love handing new babies over to Grandpa. He always seems to melt.
It's one of those special moments for all of us that I cherish. |
 |
| Kenna was not super impressed. She loved the swivel chair more than meeting Holt. We did capture a kiss though. |
 |
| He was pretty fussy after a minute unless Lindsey held him so we had to give him up |
Jeff and I took the girls home for lunch and some play time.
 |
I love these pictures! On the way home Kenna and Reese started giggling and reaching for each others hands. It was fun to watch them interact.
We all wish they would play together more so this was one of those moments |
The minute Grahm walked in after school, he was ready to go see "his brother" We made him have a snack and wash up while we waited for Carrieanne to come tend the girls, then off we went.
 |
| This boy was very impressed! He was so cute with him. So excited to have him here and esp. curious. He asked Mom all sorts of questions and checked him out from head to toe. |



That's the face of a proud big brother! |
After a nice visit we headed home. Grahm was pretty tired and so were we. Its hard work taking care of all those little people in one day. We had been up early. Had the excitement of waiting for a new baby and all that comes with it. We grabbed some Panda Express for all of us, and went home and ate with Austin and Carrieanne.
Then tucked the kids in for the night and collapsed.
Travis came home for an hour and went back to stay with Lindsey for the night.
The next morning we had to head home. Travis came home and took Kenna to school, after we got Grahm on the bus. We headed back to the hospital for a visit and I left very sad that we couldn't stay one more day. We had done a little cleaning and that's about it. I felt bad we couldn't be there to help with the house, kids and meals when they went home later, but at least we got to spend that time with them while we were there. |
 |
| One more snuggle for Grandma (with Reese's help of course) |
Things were a little crazy those two weeks. I feel very blessed to have another new baby in the family, and of course we fell in love with him the minute we met him. I don't know how I survived a funeral, baptisim, birthday and new baby all in less than 2 weeks, but I did and all of them were perfect! Grandma loves you little man. Welcome to the family!
No comments:
Post a Comment