Sunday, November 23, 2014

Gramma Days ...ACT 2 8/2014


While the Christy Family came for a visit, we decided we better get some "Gramma time" in.
It is impossible now to take them for a whole day and night by themselves so we just tried to squeeze in a few one on one activities when we could.


Grahm is the most vocal, he asked about it the most, so we started with him.
He had a list of a few things he wanted to do. He is simple in his desires so that makes it nice on us old Grandparents who are trying to keep up with these growing active Grandkids of ours

Always a tradition no matter if they are here or in Logan, we let the kids take turns to go to Harts for a Pepsi. We started off his day with that. Karver came to play so they had fun together for the afternoon
We went and rode the Carousel with all the kids one morning. It was already hot and although they loved it, we were more than ready to go home fast.

His first choice of activities was going to George's to swim. Grahm is a good little swimmer and George loves having the kids over. ( I love the pool too!)
He ran and jumped in the pool a zillion times!!!


Jeff took this Awesome picture of him under water.  He thought it was amazing !!!
We just floated around and enjoyed our selves. Grahm wanted to stay forever. He is just like me. Loves the water and relaxing in it for as long as possible.

Grandpa usually sits on the edge of the pool and chats with George while we enjoy the water. I thought this picture was cute of them "hanging out together"
 
 
Reesie Roo... She caught on pretty quick and wanted her turn once she had it figured out
 

She chose to go to Burger King and get lunch
She knew exactly what she wanted, when I called Lindsey to make sure she was telling me something she would eat, she got mad at me. She knew!
 
She was excited to get the "princess" crown but, lets face it they are ugly!
I had the brilliant idea of letting her paint an decorate it for her activity.
She was very into it. I love how she took it very seriously.
I happened to have a tiny jar of sparkly jewels.
I have hung onto that jar forever! Knowing that one day I would want them. So glad I did it was the perfect way to top of the painting.


Love how hard she was concentrating and carefully gluing each jewel.

She was pretty proud of the finished product! That's one cute Princess in her jammies!


 
Miss Kenna.... Kenna  loves going in the car to get a Pepsi so of course when it was her turn we took her with us. She chose Cheetos over popcorn. I am with her on that choice. There is nothing more yummy that Cheetos!  I don't know why I don't have a picture of her cheesy face, but I do know she was covered and ate each and every one. 

 Grapes are our way of making up for all the Cheetos. It's one of the healthy choices she makes so we try to fit them into the day.

I wanted to do something a little one on one with her, but she doesn't like to be over stimulated so we just took the sidewalk chalk out and did some drawing. She likes it and so we drew shapes and colors, and she showed me how smart she is.
If I would have known I was going to find a Curious George coloring book at Family Dollar I would have taken her to get it. She is obsessed with him and carried that book around with her all weekend.

I absolutely LOVE this picture. Reese tries to connect with Kenna, but with Kenna being non verbal. it's hard for them to communicate. I was reading bedtime stories to them on Kenna's bed before putting her to bed and they both piled under the covers.
Reese wanted to sleep with Kenna in her bed. That lasted about 3 minutes, but I loved that they laughed and thought it was fun.


 Reese loved the carousel. She held on pretty tight but she wanted to go more than once.
Kenna was a fan of the movement , music and animals, but holding her on was hard.
She wanted to get off the whole time. Next time we will sit on the bench.


We had fun even though our time was minimal  together.
I love them all. I really love their little personalities
Grahm, I love you for your deep thinking and sense of humor
Kenna, I love you for your sweetness and sneakiness
Reese, I love your girlie ness and strong will.
They are a cute little family and they live too far away!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment