Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"Gramma Days" 7/2014

This year things didn't go as usual. I don't know what happened to the summer, but whatever all the distractions were they caused a huge damper on "Gramma Days"
I still haven't done Brodeyn's ,and pretty much we had to do them in groups to even get in what we did.
One of the things that I hate about having them, is I can't really include the kids who are far away. That is hard for me. I like to make sure things are fair and also I really love having one on one time with each child. I love seeing their true personality come out. I love the things we talk about, and the things they choose to eat and do.I just like it, because it is a little more special than an ordinary day with them.  I tend them all a lot. I visit the ones I can, and they come here when they can.

 It's just not the same....

Braxton and Kashden ...
We had to double up to even get some of them done.

They went to work setting up "the office". They used every office supply I own
and we played for a good hour. They are very creative.


                                       Apparently I look like a nerd.
They both started acting like one as soon as they put my glasses on. hmmmm....



It started raining pretty hard. Callie and Kash went to play in the rain
Braxton and I were a little concerned about he lightning

Last summer I taught Braxton how to play "Battleship
He really liked it and has kicked my butt more than once
He wanted to play so I teamed up with Kash
Between Kash limited attention span and my skills I was not help at all.




 

Being silly



A favorite of all the grandkids is swimming at George's house.
He lives across the street and is a very lonely man.
He has a pool and always asks us over to swim.
I love the pool and he likes to chat with Jeff so it's a great trade off

Kashden showing off his new floating skills

Braxton getting diving lessons (aka) belly flop practice

Kash has a little more technique

 



Boys will be Boys right?
Always making crazy faces for the camera


 .

All in all, they are lots of fun

Grandpa and I took them to Planes 2
We all really liked it.
We ate at KFC (Braxtons choice)
Had waffles and bacon for breakfast (Kashdens choice) 
Treats at Swig ( Grandpas choice) and had a fun time.
Not as personal as I would have liked, but at least we got to enjoy them
It cost less too!

No comments:

Post a Comment