Monday, August 18, 2014
Taking Michon to the Temple... 6/21/2014
I've been meaning to write about this very special day, and then I would forget again.
Finally I remembered.
I wish that this was a story of complete happiness.
A story where Michon and Kaden decided to go to the temple together and be sealed to each other, Karver and the baby.
I had a picture in my mind of this for a years.
We would all be so excited! We would help them prepare for the special day.
We would set the date and look forward to it for weeks.
Then on that specially chosen date, we would meet at the temple for the next step in their lives.
Jeff would escort Kaden. Evelyn would escort Michon. We would have a teary eyed experience with her as she listened to the promises given her and the promises they would make together.
We would meet in the sealing room off of the Celestial room and wait. Jeff and Brent would sit on one end, and Evelyn and I on the other. The room would be filled with family and friends, who had looked forward to this day as well.
They would come in the room beaming and we would all start to cry, as they sat by down by Evelyn and I.
We would listen as they were given advice and blessings and then they would kneel together at the alter and be sealed for Time and all Eternity.
Then the precious moment would come where Karver and the baby would be brought in to join them. We would all be smiling and crying at the same time. Karver would probably pipe up and ask a million questions. The baby would look like an angel.
Sealed together as a family, they would stand up and look in the mirrors that go on forever and see what will happen to their little family in the eternities.
That is not what happened.
This is not the fairy tale coming true.
This is a sad true story.
The kind I never saw coming.
The kind I never would have dreamed of.
The kind I still can't believe.
Michon died on December 8th, 2012
She died without going to the temple.
She died without the ordinances she needed.
She died without being sealed to Kaden.
She died without being sealed to their children.
All those dreams we had for them, died that day as well.
This is her temple story.
This is what really happened.
This a story of the strength of her family.
This is a story of the possibility of happiness for eternity.
This is the way it really happened.
On June 21st, 2014 we gathered at the St. George Temple
It was Brent's birthday. A perfect day to do Michon's Temple work.
Brent, Evelyn, and Michons 2 Sisters, Crystal and Angie
One of her Aunts and her cousin Sarah.
Jamie and I
There were others who wanted to be there and couldn't for one reason or another.
I was just grateful I was there.
We decided to arrive a little early, because Saturday is generally a very busy day.
When we were dressed and ready, we went to the Inititory room.
Crystal was taking her name through.
We were all very emotional.
The room was empty.
Completely empty.
I have never been there when it was empty.
Usually it is crowded and busy.
Usually you have to sit and wait.
But on this very special day, it was quiet, in a reverent sort of way.
We explained to the Sister at the desk the reason we were there.
She very lovingly and quietly allowed Evelyn to listen as Crystal went through.
I know it was not a coincidence.
I know it was a blessing.
A very special blessing just for us.
We were done quickly, so we went to the chapel to wait.
The session we chose was an hour a way.
Just us girls on a row in the back.
Excited and grateful to be there.
When the session started we went upstairs.
Angie was doing Michon's endowment.
I loved that Evelyn let the girls do her work.
I think she was inspired to do so.
She could have done it all herself, but she knew it would strengthen the girls testimonies of the temple as they gave that gift to Michon.
It was very emotional and special to go through the session knowing she was right there with us.
When we went into the veil room, Jamie and I were sitting behind their family.
I had a thought before it started.
I had not seen Michon's name on the card.
I wanted to see her name.
I wanted to touch the card.
I felt compelled to, yet I didn't know if I should ask.
I finally asked them to pass it to me so I could see it.
There on that little pink piece of paper it said Michon Stratton.
I begin to cry.
I was so happy we were there to help her progress.
I was a little shocked when it didn't say Michon Paddock.
It didn't occur to me that it wouldn't, Although I knew that.
Just seeing her name and touching the paper made me know that everything would be alright.
Michon has been through the temple.
It wasn't how we wanted it, but her work is done.
I pray someday Kaden will take that step and seal their family.
I pray that he will allow me to help him progress.
There is nothing more important he could do here on this earth than that.
Someday the way things turned out won't matter.
All that matters is it happened and I was blessed to be a part of it.
Michon, I love you. I miss you.
I want to be a part of your forever family.
I pray that dream will come true.
I know that you here beside us.
I know that you are doing all in your power to be a part of our lives.
I Know Karver feels you. I pray that Kaden will too.
We will see you again, and it will be a wonderful joyous moment.
Till we meet again Michon. And we will.
That is what keeps us all going.
That is what I know to be true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment