So out of all my kids Callie and I have spent the most time together. This makes it really hard knowing she is moving on to SUU in August! I am so proud of her though and I know it's the next step in her life. She got a $1500.00 scholarship this week from our credit union! They said they were very impressed with her application and credentials! She has ALOT of experience and works her butt off and has a pretty long resume for a girl her age.
SO back to the story... We have traveled a lot together because she is the youngest. The other girls got married young and our friendship with Becky and Ashlee has sent us on a few trips through the years. We get pretty silly and have a lot of fun every time.
This past week we headed out to help Lindsey move as I mentioned before. Jeff wanted to come help and see them but, he has been working horrible long hours in the heat and the poor guy can barely move or stay awake. We let him off the hook and took off for Logan.
We left town Thursday afternoon around three. I love that she drives other than I have to remind her to stay off her dang phone! I made her promise not to use it or I would trade her places and she did pretty good the first hour. We passed one of Taylor Swift equipment semis around Beaver so that was fun. I guess she was in concert in SLC on Saturday. We made some potty and treat stops along the way as well. Traveling with girls is much better when your needing stops. One.. they understand and two... the want to stop as well. We spent at least 20 min in a little store in Fillmore trying to decide what sounded good. Callie wanted a Take 5 candy bar. They are hard to find. We look everywhere we go for them. After a good 5 min search (a lot of candy bars are the same colors) we found one. After a few more minutes she put the dang thing back and bought some peach rings that ended up tasting like cleaning products. bad choice on her part. I was quite happy with my Milky way though.
The trip went by pretty fast. We made another stop in Brigham and got a sandwhich at the Old Grist Mill. That was good.
We arrived at Lindsey's just in time to see the kids before they went to bed. Lindsey hadn't told the Grahm we were coming so he was SO excited! She also told him he got to come home with us and do summer club here with Braxton and Kash. Sleepovers and the whole deal. He worships those boys so he was jumping up and down with excitement!
We visited and Callie and Travis did homework. There wasn't a whole lot to do because the carpet in the new house was still wet and they had worked there butts off for days and were too tired to care about doing anything at the old house but sleep. I had a gift card from a sweet preschool mom to Cold Stone so Lindsey and I went there for treats. We waited in line a good 30 min if not more. It was packed. I guess it was graduation night. It was a good time to chat with Lindsey though so I didn't mind.
Callie and I headed to the hotel to stay because there is nowhere for us to sleep and we agreed to meet in the morning to tackle the rest of the move. Staying in a hotel is always fun. It seems something stupid always ends up happening with us and we end up laughing hysterically into the night. Well this trip was no exception.
Both of us have to have COMPLETE dark to sleep. My hubby hates going with me to hotels because I can't sleep if it's not and he hates how long it takes me to prepare the room for the possibility of sleep. On American Idol Keith Urban was saying he hates staying in hotels for the same reason. He takes tape and puts it over all the electronics and tapes the curtains to the wall. I should have remembered his ideas. I LOVED Jeff hearing that because he thinks I am crazy. He says just close your eyes and it's dark. Everyone knows you can tell if it's dark or light out even with your eyes closed.
Both our rooms at home are geared to darkness from tape on digital items, black out curtains and unplugged electronic. Jeff can sleep in broad daylight, sitting up in a chair with the TV blaring and I am lucky to sleep even in the most perfect of circumstances. So we both started preparing the room. We used the extra pillows to line the bottom of the door because of the dumb hall lights. Then I discovered a hidden gem. The ironing board. It has always been right there by the door and I never put it to good use. Of course I wasn't wanting to iron. I just need something tall to prop up the side of the door to block light as well. Bingo! I learned something for future trips. Callie was at work unplugging all the electronics in the room. She totally turned the microwave around in the cupboard. Good move. Usually I just hang a shirt or something over it. Jeff loves waking up to see socks, a bra and other items blocking light that I randomly use after he falls asleep. Later we remembered we never turned it back around oops! Callie and I both tried different methods of getting the stupid curtains to really block all the light. It was useless. We tried tying them together and pinning them to the wall with chairs and few other methods that didn't work. After a few tests to see what worked, we gave up and closed our eyes and after a lot of laughing and giggles we tried to sleep. Neither of us did though...It was a Long night!
We tried to help Lindsey and Travis on Friday but it didn't seem like we were much help. Callie more than I. I played with the kids and tried to help when I could though. The house is super cute and after the kids went to bed , Lindsey started decorating a little so we had fun with that. Travis is a trooper that's all I can say. Even though he has physically worked himself into the ground that week and esp. that weekend, he very nicely helped her hang curtain rods and shelves and other stuff. I would have never even dared ask Jeff but Travis was sweet about it. That night we got ready for bed. Grahm had been kicked out of his room for us. I think he was too tired to care. He slept on an air mattress in Lindsey's room. I was laying comfortably on the full size bottom bunk with a nice mattress and Callie climbed up on the top bunk. She laid down and the mattress was so hard we started laughing as she bounced back up. Then she noticed there wasn't a sheet on the bed so we really laughed. It was late,we were worn out from lack of sleep and work and Lindsey was already in bed. Callie climbed down and crawled into bed with me and we did our best to sleep in the full bed. Actually we both slept well but it was pretty funny at the time.
Saturday morning I woke up and started having a panic attack. The more I thought of having all the boys and doing summer club and traveling all day Sunday the more I panicked. I knew we had to leave that day. I felt bad cuz I knew it would hurt Lindsey feelings but I asked Callie and she said she was fine either way. She had tons of homework and the internet wasn't hooked up yet so we decided to go. When I told Lindsey I could tell she felt bad, so I did too. At the time we thought they would be coming for the blessing so we would see them again soon. Once I told Grahm he panicked too. He had all these new friends to play with and he was excited and tired so it through him off. He is a planner and the plan was to leave Sunday. He also was worried already about staying that long so this made it worse. As I said before he didn't end up coming so then I felt even worse. Their family is all sick and missing the blessing now so maybe it was meant to be. Anyway I felt bad when the boys were here, knowing he would be in heaven playing with them this past week.
Callie and I hit the road again around 3. We said our good-byes. Grahm was in tears wanting and not wanting to come. We thought see them in a few days so it wasn't that bad at the time. We drove down to Riverton and saw Kristi and had a nice visit. Callie and I love visiting with my sister. She is a lot of fun and we have been on a few trips with her and Kenzie too. We stayed longer than we planned of course then headed to Prove to find Carrabba's. I had a gift card thanks to another sweet preschool mom and we both love Italian food so we ate there. One thing we ordered was delicious and one was just ok...We hit the road again by that time it was pretty late. A few stops for Candy bars (this time she got the take 5) and a little nap for me and we got home around 10! It was fun, tiring and hopefully Lindsey was glad we came and forgave me for taking off early.
I am also hoping Callie taking off for college will not put an end to our adventures. I am thinking we will need to get Aubrey and Becky and head up to see Ashlee once in awhile and have another fun trip or more in the future.
I forgot I wanted to tell this story about A stupid lady at Walmart. Callie and I ran there to grab a few things while we were out getting Pepsi's. It was pretty close to lunch and we had Kenna. She was tired and hungry by the time we were to the checkout and was kind of starting to have a melt down. We were buying grapes so just as I put them on the belt, I grabbed a few for her. Grapes is pretty much the only fruit or veggie she will eat. I casually said to the checker, that I was sure 2 grapes would not affect the weight of the bag and handed them to Kenna. She smiled and said she needed them back to weigh the bag first. I thought she was joking, so I smiled back and said your kidding right? She said NO put them back. Really? It's not like I handed her a big bunch or something. It was 2 lousy grapes. By then Kenna is crying because we took them away from her...Stupid Lady. I am sure they didn't add to Walmart's profit. I wanted to scream at her but, we just glared and grabbed our stuff including the two grapes for Kenna and left.
Some People... she was probably vying for employee of the year or something. With an attitude like that she would probably win!

No comments:
Post a Comment