Thursday, May 23, 2013

Girls Day Out!!!

Well lets see... I got a text from Callie telling me not to plan anything one of the Saturday's of Spring Break. She had arranged for Lindsey, Jamie and I to join her for a "girls day" This is something we have not done since Michon died. We used to get together and do a craft day or two. Go to lunch or dinner out or pedicures or something like that. It was always so fun and it's hard to move on and have fun when you are missing an important person who should be there.

I am proud of Callie. She sees the need for us to try to have fun and connect and even mourn together. She is an amazingly in tune girl who doesn't just think of things we "should" do but arranges to do them! She is a planner and an organizer. Like me when I was younger and had more energy. Anyway I am so grateful she took the on the job of getting us together for lunch and some shopping.

 I knew the minute we started planning we needed to all go together up to see Michon. None of the girls had been up there since the day of her funeral. I have been several times. I always chat with her and promise her I will continue to do my best to keep her memory alive. To make sure Karver and Kaden know how much she loves them, and to give Karver all the hugs and kisses and snuggles he is missing out on from her. I know that would be something she would ask me to do, so I do it.
 He is so very hard to resist so I must admit I do it for me as well!

So we went to lunch at Kneaders and it was YUM. We had to wait forever for our food but, it was fun to talk and laugh together again. Of course we talked about Michon and how things were going for Kaden and things we could do to help. He is hard to help though. He doesn't talk or share much with our family which breaks my heart pretty much every day! I try not to let it get me down because I know he is so much pain and grief. I like to think someday that will change...

After lunch we picked out some flowers to take. That in and of itself was kind of hard. Not something we should have to do. In the end we found flowers we knew Michon would like and took those up to her. I can usually busy myself straightening things up for a minute or two before I face the fact that I am visiting my daughter in law in the cemetery. Her cute pictures are everywhere and it's hard not to cry the second you get there. The girls were struggling too. Callie was the first to cry. Lindsey was trying to get the flowers right with me but, the second we stood back we were in tears. Jamie had been in the car with Braelei for a minute so when she walked over she joined us and we all had a good cry. By good I mean, we all cried together for the first time in a long time and I am sure Michon was there with us. And I also mean by a good cry, that we cried long and hard because we miss and love her so much. She should have been with us laughing and eating and making smart remarks and suggestions for places to go and things to make and do.
We decided we better go try to cheer our selves up so we headed out.

We decided to go to Urban renewal. I haven't been there forever and for the girls I think it was the first time. It's not exactly somewhere you would want to take kids. It was fun to wander through and look at all the fun ideas. All of us like things like that. Antiques and cool ideas to display things. It was fun but of course, but nothing we could buy. Next we went to Target. We also wandered around there. The girls tried on a few things and we had a few good laughs. It's fun to watch people and then remember times when times were happier.

Then Jeff started texting me. They were home with the kids and of course that only lasts so long. At first I was thinking holy cow 3 hours is gonna kill you?? Really?? Then he texted me and said my cute niece Ricki was there with her kids to see us and she wanted to see Braelei and visit so we wrapped up our shopping and headed home. It was fun to chat with her and the kids had a great time playing. Grahm gets bored easily and all of us can only play trucks or sit outside for so long. He is also 4 and tells you how to play, what to do and say and of course we are usually wrong so it was great for him to have someone to play with!!

All in all it was a fun, a much need afternoon and I am grateful for Callie who got us all together. We needed it and it is always good to try to build relationships. So thanks to Callie! We all appreciated your efforts, had fun and were grateful for your get up and go attitude!!
I Love all my girls!!

Callie also had the smarts to take these pictures which I will always treasure!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment