Sunday, December 30, 2012

Braxton gets Baptized



It will be a little weird for me to look back at some fun things that happened at the first of November (the 3rd to be exact) but, I really want to start out with something positive and meaningful. Our oldest Grandson Braxton chose to be baptized this year. It was an exciting day for all of us but no one more that Braxty Boo. ( I am sure some day he will love that I call him that).

We headed up to Enterprise for the big day. It was windy, surprise surprise, but Grandpa was in charge of cooking "trash can turkey" for dinner and we weren't going to let a little wind stop us. Jeff and Clint started getting things going outside and us girls (Callie and I ) started helping Jamie get everything else ready. I prepped the turkeys which I find disgusting and Jamie somehow had forgotten was supposed to be done when we arrived..(sarcastic comment) Then we got kids dressed, combed hair, did a little ironing and headed to the church at the very last second. He was the only one getting baptized so that made it a little more special.  He got to choose the program.

Opening Song: (played by Callie) When I am Baptized

 Opening Prayer: Mitch Hafen

Talk on Baptism: Grandpa Hafen

Talk on Holy Ghost: Grandma Paddock

Closing Song: When Jesus Christ was Baptized (played by Micci)

Closing Prayer: Grandpa Paddock

 I knew this Grandma would get pretty emotional when I was speaking about the importance of having the Holy Ghost with you and being given that very special gift. But, I came well prepared with my little object lesson and words of wisdom so I was feeling pretty confident at first. What I didn't know is that Grandpa Hafen is just as big of a cry baby as I am (no offense Kim) And so the second he began his talk we were all non stop tears from there on out. He gave a great talk and then it was my turn. I of course, could barely speak by then but, I really wanted Braxton to know what I felt. I gathered myself together and gave my talk. The thing I remember being the sweetest part of the day is the fact that Braxton too was feeling the spirit. He was tearing up and looked so innocent and sweet and I knew he felt all of our love for him and most especially Heavenly Fathers love for him. I was really proud of Braxton for choosing to follow our Savior Jesus Christ and making such an important step in his life. I was also so proud of his parents for teaching Him all he needed to know to prepare himself for Baptism.  After the ordinances were performed we took some pictures and went back to Jamies for a yummy dinner and a birthday bash for Braxton. It was a special day for all of us and I am so grateful to have him in our family! 






















2 comments:

  1. There is a reason i dont know how to prep a turkey... its so i never have to do it! ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, Figured that was not a coincedince...
    Someday I will give you a lesson because sooner or later you will be hosting us for Thanksgiving right?

    ReplyDelete