Saturday, August 15, 2015

Callie gets her Bachelor Degree! 5-1-15





Callie and Brecia went through this program together.
They became good friends working on several projects together throughout the years.

 
A very proud Mom and Dad!
Beautiful Girl!


Callie and Lillian have been good friends and supported each other in everything.


This girl, Kayla Nay is such a super cute fun friend and roomy.
They have been together at SUU since the beginning.

The saying good-bye was hard on them both. They have had so much fun together,.
I'm sure I only know a small percentage of the fun they have had, but I do know they have laughed and cried together for years.
Crazy pictures, Christmas cards and Sweaters.
All night study sessions, finales and junk food binges
Room mates they liked and roomies they didn't (Sarah with a H)
OCD cleaning streaks and trashing other peoples things (see  name above)
Yummy meals, Callie is a great cook.
Shopping together and eating somewhat healthy.
Pretty sure they were some of the most spoiled college students ever.
The each had their own rooms and bathrooms
No fighting for the washer and dryer with a million roomies.
They had one in their apartment.
Nice furniture and a full kitchen.
And the list goes on...
Here is the truth of it. They both worked their butts off and paid for nearly everything themselves. Classes, housing and food to mention a few.
Sure we parents bought them a meal now and then.
We let them raid our fridges and pantries.
We even help with a few expenses when the need arose.
But, all in all for everything they had, they worked hard for it.
They worked together, and they fought for everything they earned.
Thus the tears and a life long friendship has been formed.We love you both you did it together and made us proud!
 

Celebrating with her other family.
Michelle, Smash and her man Kelan

Now this is a tried and true friendship!
They are sisters in every sense. They met as 3 year olds as Preschool students in my school. These 2 girls have been through EVERYTHING together!
They have laughed and cried together for years.
The sad thing is, their schooling kept them far apart in different towns all this time, never once did they get to live together and have the roomy experience.
 


Through it all we consider Ashlee our daughter, just as Huntsman's consider Callie theirs.

 These two beautiful girls and have stayed best friends for all these years.
I can't help but look at them as I type without tears in my eyes.
I love them both and I am SO proud of them for all their hard work.
Things are changing as Callie is now graduating and looking for work, and "Smash" (her nickname around here) moves onto to marriage and into her Dental Hygiene program.
They will finally live in the same town again, at least for now.
It depends on where "Callie O" finds work, but they are enjoying the prospect of summer together in St. George.

She did it!!!




Celebration at Wingers, somehow we didn't get a picture of all of us together, or with Callie and Grandpa and Grandma Paddock. They were also a great support to her while she lived in Cedar.




 I think these two pictures speak for themselves!

Callie, I am so proud of you! With all the odds against you, you took the courage and the hard work it takes and pushed through it.
I knew you could do it, I knew you had it in you. I never doubted you could do it!
I can't even put into words what I feel about your success.
I can't tell you without crying of course, but I want you to know that I think you are an amazing, driven and hard working girl.
You are kind and compassionate and have a gift of reaching out help people in need.
I won't say you don't speak your mind, because you do!
I am even proud of that... Hee Hee (although sometimes it makes me a little nervous and embarrassed! You don't take any guff from anyone and I think that has helped you succeed along the way.
As you go out into the big bad world, I know you will achieve your dreams!
The hopes and dreams I have for you are in the works, and I know that you will experience and work toward everything life has to offer you.
I love you Callie with all my heart and soul. I am grateful for the time we have been able to spend together over all these years. You are fun and bring me joy!
You have picked me up when I was so discouraged and lonely, and given me hope.
I loved every minute of having you home on holidays and weekends.
I loved the summers you could come and stay, and the times we shared together.
I love how you come into this house and bring happiness and joy.
I love listening to you play the piano and being a positive spirit into our home.
I love and appreciate your help around the house, if you see a need you take care of it. 
I love that you are a good cook, and we can throw a bunch of stuff together and call it dinner! Thank you for all your help.
I loved working on your papers, even though I complained that you were the one who signed for college not me.
I love how we laugh so hard we cry and can't speak or stop.
I love that you plan girls day with your sisters or the Huntsman's and make a little fun in our lives! Those giggle sessions are what a mom needs, now and then.
I love the trips we take together! You are brave and fun and I treasure those memories!
From the minute I found out I was pregnant with you, I knew you were a gift to me.
Your dad and I called you "Our Angel", because you were born in a time of heartache and worry. You brought us hope and peace and the joy that a new baby brings a family.
I believe Heavenly Father saved you for us and sent you here when we needed you most.
All these things and more make me sob as I write this and  tell you I love you.
Love, Mom

 

No comments:

Post a Comment