This post has been a work in progress. I racked my brain to record at least one funny thing each grandkid has said or done.I decided to add a picture of the child at the age they were when they said or did it! I might change some of them down the road, if I remember something else I like better. I guess as long as I do it "before it goes to print" It will be fine.
Ashlyn- When Ashlyn was little, we would get to bring her home for a week once or twice a year. It was so fun. I hate that life gets in the way of what really matters. When she was about 2 we went to Phoenix to visit and we brought her back for the week. She was so little and cute and I loved that she was completely comfortable with us, even though it felt like we spent so little time with her. The day after we got home, her and I were driving somewhere and we passed Mc Donalds. She said "Grandma, I could really use a Salad Shaker" It cracked me up, because what 2 year old loves salad that much they would ask for it as your driving by? Of course we got one and she shook it all the way home and ate the whole thing!
Braxton- When Braxton was about 2 or 3 he was pretty excited about the Apricots on our tree. He was constantly asking us when they would be ready to pick and eat. Patiently he waited for the weeks as they changed from green to orange. The first apricot I handed him brought a huge smile to his little face. I told him to wash it off in the drinking fountain and asked him if he wanted me to open it for him. He said "I can do it myself " as he broke it open and looked inside he looked at me in surprise.
"Look" he said, "It pooped"
I realized that when I mark eggs to show they are boiled, I do put a letter B on them. He thought that meant B for Braxton and there were no K's for him! A quick explanation fixed everything, but he was so sad for those few minutes and it made me sad to think he would think I would not make any for him!
Grahm- The other day Grahm said to Lindsey. "Grandma should call the police on Grandpa" When she asked why? He said "he never wears his seatbelt" Great example Grandpa!
Brodeyn- This story is what kind of spurred this post on. Brodeyn says a lot of funny things as do most kids. Part of his charm is that a lot of times, what he says makes no sense to any of us. He is very entertaining. The other day he asked, "Grandma, why do you wear glasses?" I said "so I can see". He said "why?" I said "my eyes help me see, why do you have a nose? " His reply....
"That's where I keep my boogers!" Classic!
Karver- One day last summer, so I guess he was 2, Karver and I were out in the backyard. He was playing with trucks and I was weeding here and there. I started taking all the big cobblestone rocks out of the planter so I could pull the weeds out easier. There is quite a few and some of them are pretty big for a little bug like him. He said "Grandma what are you doing?" I told him I was taking the rocks out so I could pick all the weeds. Karver said "can I help" I said "sure" so he came over and started picking them up one at a time. The whole time we were moving rocks he was talking (as usual) saying things like "these are sure heavy" and "we are working hard huh Grandma" we chatted back and forth until they were all out on the grass. Then I started picking weeds and he joined me. It only took a few minutes and when we were done, I started putting the rocks back in. Karver asked "Grandma what are you doing?" I said I'm putting all the rocks back because I am done picking weeds. He just looked at me and said "have fun" and walked off. I busted up laughing. He knows when to walk away!
Reese- Reese isn't really speaking in sentences yet, at least not that I can understand. She has the cutest little personality and facial expressions though. She can give dirty looks like no other and when she is mad at you, you will know it. She loves wearing p.j.s and will pretty much wear them all day everyday. Lindsey makes her get dressed if she goes out in public, but the minute they are back home she sneaks off and comes back in jammies. She is such a little model and show off and thinks she is pretty cute. I agree with her on the cute part and I love my jammies too so we are a good pair. And yes...She is wearing her jammies in this picture!
Braelei- Braelei Jai is a little Spunk! She has always been the most easy going, happiest little girl ever. I love talking to her and watching her crinkle up her nose to the point her eyes are nearly closed when she smiles such a big smile. She is squishy and chubby and perfect in everyway. Lately though, (she just turned one) she had copped a little attitude. She is starting to make her presence known and acting like she is the little princess. With her dad endlessly tormenting her, and her 3 brothers packing her around, teasing her and trying to keep her out of there stuff, she has learned to fend for herself. She is throwing little tantrums, where she throws her head back and fakes a pitiful little cry. She is also teasing the boys back by running over and grabbing whatever they have spent time setting up like all their trucks and blocks and things. One day Braxton called her "the destroyer" I told him that was mean. The next time I was tending, I watched her do just that, destroy everything! She ruined their stuff time after time, and never stopped dumping toy bins and a tipping things over until every last piece of the floor was covered. A destroyer she is! Good thing she is a cute one!





No comments:
Post a Comment